Saturday, January 12, 2008

A treasure find!

And then there was LIGHT!

I finally managed to get a piece of invaluable literature on the fauna of Kent Ridge. A thin, easily overlooked book on the shelves of Science Reference 6 in the Science Library titled, Kent Ridge Environs: A proposal for conserving nature at the National University of Singapore Campus (Briffett, C 1991).

Priceless.

Audrey and the rest should take a look at it. The best part comes in three pages worth of vertebrates (excluding fish) categorized into their faunal groups in the form of a checklist. I'm trying very hard to refrain using too many exclamation marks because of the excitement.

Mr Siva advised me about improving on the checklist. My thoughts are that it will shorten in length but who knows, I may well end up with a new discovery!

Actually, the bird checklist scares me. It is well over two pages. In addition, I am no ornithologist, other than the fact that I succeeded in getting the "I am a young ornithologist badge" in Primary 4. Its definitely not helping me with this.

1 comment:

Halori said...

i gone through that book before. Hmm, There was a series of such proposal if you can notice. If you go through it, you would mostly find checklist and checklist of birds in different areas. I presume this is what the Bird Group of NSS had contributed. Anyway, you can check out Nature Watch 14(2). There are several pages on Kent Ridge too.