Sunday, December 30, 2007

The First Meeting

I have never thought that I would EVER write a blog. Not that the notion has never flashed across my mind before, but because it was daunting, to a certain extent. I am, what a lecturer from SoC would call, a self proclaimed "computer idiot". I am not proud to say that, just that it provides a safety net, well sort of; when people speak in terms I do not understand, I can excuse myself. I guess i understand the rationale of a blog now, standing in my supervisor's shoes, that it will help Mr Siva in evaluating if I have grasp the concept correctly. So on top of this blog, I have other new things added to my explore-the-realm-of-the computer experience. For a start, I finally understood why Winston persuaded me to get a Gmail account. He was practically selling it to me. When I asked my contacts to add my new email account, I've got the "told you so" from him. Furthermore he concluded with a "You will never regret it." Shucks, I think I'm not addressing my title. That was lesson number two: Be concise. So, the first meeting was rather uneventful, except for the fact that I've come to realise that my next semester will not be a breeze and that I was to one point questioning my decision in doing UROPS. There was a tiny part of me which wanted to just run away from it all and pull out. Just a teeny weeny part, Mr Siva.

p.s. I actually required some strength to actually click on the "post" button.

No comments: